Here are 4 self portraits by Richard Avedon, plus a 3 minute video where he talks about making a famous photograph. He refers to this particular example as "Photography Hell." I think it would be fun to try to reproduce his images for my own self portrait. Someone mentioned the idea - I think it's a good one.
Popular posts from this blog
Hi Ladies, well I finally found my way here.. not even sure how or if I will be able to find my way back. Anyway, I shot my first new self portrait continuing my project on The Chores, the Reluctance, and My Grandmother's Apron. I have some idea's brewing. February is going to be a busy month with a Laurie Klein workshop so I hope to get 3 images out by the 16th.. if not, for sure March. But here is my first one. Best to all, Karin
Really interesting work Leslie. You have been busy!
ReplyDeleteStill trying…
ReplyDeleteI love your use of light and the fogginess of the images. The one of you standing in the yellow is one that I can't stop looking at. I love the one of you and your reflection in the mirror - so you get 2 different views of you.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Carol - I am very taken with the image where you are standing on a yellow arrow(?) - I think it's very interesting paired with the image of your reflection in the mirror, since the mirror echoes that round shape in the yellow photo - almost like the image of you walking is what you are thinking of as you gaze into the mirror (walking away from something, walking toward something?). Lots of interpretations to that yellow photo!
ReplyDelete